Fun Valentine crafts for kids that are quick and simple to make like this Valentine hat will let you sneak in a little family time while inspiring creativity and learning. My little girl loves hats. So this was an easy way to indulge two loves at once; hats and art.
As always, this Valentine activity offers great opportunities for learning. You can incorporate vocabulary, pre-math skills with shapes and color recognition skills. We talked about heart and circle shapes and we discussed colors. After you are finished with your hat put on some music and have a Valentine's hat parade.
If you are looking for toddler valentine activities, this would be toddler appropriate too.
What You'll Need:
1. Construction Paper
3. Glue or tape or stapler
4. Embellishments (We chose stickers, markers and shredded paper.)
What You'll Do:
1. Cut about a 3 inch strip of paper that will fit around your child's head. You may need to attach 2 strips together if you need more length.
2. Decorate the strip with Valentine theme embellishments
3. Fasten strip into a circle big enough to fit your child's head
Tips for Teaching:
1. Talk about Valentine colors: red, pink, purple, white
2. Talk about the concept of "sticky": Let your child feel the backs of stickers and glue a glue stick works well for this.
3. Talk about shapes: heart and circle
Remember let your preschooler participate as much as possible. This helps them develop creativity and problem solving skills. Also, most of our project pictures are child produced so you have a better idea of what to expect. You will want to complete the cutting part of the project and your preschooler can do the decorating.
Enjoying Fun Preschool Activities...Consider subscribing to our E-Zine. Receive subscriber only information and ideas along with updates to our website right in your in box. Don't miss another issue. Subscribe Now.