These fun winter early childhood activities offer new learning experiences. Winter is a great time to expand vocabulary to help your preschooler develop new language skills.
Use the poem "Cocoa" along with the "Cocoa Song" and throw in a Hot Chocolate Party and you're set for a day of winter fun. This set of cocoa theme preschool activities will help your child develop new concepts and vocabulary.
Enjoy this free preschool activity idea with your family or with a group.
Hot Chocolate Party
What you need:
1. Fun Mugs or Styrofoam Cups
2. Hot Chocolate: your favorite recipe, instant, or heat chocolate milk until hot (don't boil)
3. Add ins: whipped cream topping, caramel sundae topping, marshmallows, chocolate sprinkles, cinnamon, powered sugar, etc.
What you do:
1. Pour Hot Chocolate into cups
2. Top with your favorite add ins
1. Drink cocoa then talk about cocoa. That it is a hot drink. What it taste like. It's color.
2. Talk about hot/cold. Find things that are cold.
3. Talk about new vocabulary: cocoa, caramel, mug, marshmallow
Enjoying Fun Preschool Activities...Consider subscribing to our E-Zine. Subscriber only information and ideas along with updates to our website right in your in box. Don't miss another issue. Subscribe Now.